Experience is required.
Training is provided.
CompensationSalary: DOE USD
General Equipment & Supplies offers its team members numerous competitive benefits, including: 401(k) Savings Plan with Matching Provision Accident Insurance AD&D Insurance Cancer Insurance Company Newsletter Health Insurance Dental Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Flexible Spending Accounts Holidays Job Related Education or Training Life Insurance Long Term Disability Paid Time Off (PTO) Short Term Disability and much more... Other company-sponsored benefits may include uniforms and uniform maintenance, safety boot and cold weather gear allowance, prescription safety glasses allowance, tuition reimbursement, education assistance program, sponsorships of personal interest activities, employee referral bonus program, Company Party/Events, travel opportunities and more. This is a summary only. Please refer to the General Equipment & Supplies, Inc. Employee Handbook for complete eligibility requirements and other detailed information.
The Parts Counterperson uses comprehensive product knowledge, customer and inter-personal relationship skills to effectively and efficiently satisfy General Equipment's customer needs in securing parts. Working with Product Managers, Inventory Control and Service Personnel, this individual builds knowledge by participating in off-site, in-house and self-study product training opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Primary Responsibility will be specializing in incoming calls from customers and Customer Service Support Representative Employees working in the field.
* Assists in the procurement, filling customer orders, stocking and receiving of construction machinery parts.
* Responsible for the completion of parts shipments.
* Learns online systems to fill in when Part Manager is absent.
* Becomes proficient in the various online supplier parts systems to look up and order parts.
* Builds knowledge of existing product lines, service standards and procedures.
* Acquires parts and other items from vendors in and around the Sioux Falls area in a safe and professional manner.
* Assists in the collection of data necessary for efficient inventory control.
* Attends local, regional, national parts training seminars as requested by company management.
* Maintains close, positive working relationships with service and administrative departments.
* May perform other duties as directed by Parts and Branch Management.
* Has experience in parts sales in a retail environment.
* Computer Skills: ability to navigate through many vendor sites and processes.
* Basic understanding of computer spreadsheets, databases, and word processing applications.
* Proficient in writing, reading and math.
* Excellent customer service skills, written and verbal.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* This individual must be able to prioritize time as the varying needs of co-workers must be weighed with the needs of external customers. It is important for this individual to monitor their time to make both of his/her charges more efficient.
* Must have excellent internal and external customer service skills.
* Possess organizational skills with ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
* Must have a positive mental attitude.
* This individual must possess the understanding of process flows within an organization.
* This individual must be willing to ask questions when necessary.
* This individual must be able to communicate with management the tasks at hand, as well as the tasks to be completed to gain feedback necessary to complete the tasks in an efficient and productive manner.
* This individual must be able to plan ahead and keep in close contact with managers so that information can be communicated in a timely manner.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
* Requires prolonged standing with periodic lifting, walking, standing, bending, stooping, and stretching.
* Requires ability to push, lift, pull, and/or carry 50 lbs. or more.
* Requires a valid driver's license and the ability to maintain an insurable driving record.
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mail or fax your resume
General Equipment & Supplies, Inc.
4300 Main Ave
PO Box 2145
Fargo, North Dakota 58103 USA
Phone: (701) 282-2662
Fax: (701) 364-2143