Experience is required.
Training is provided.
CompensationSalary: DOE USD
General Equipment & Supplies offers its team members numerous competitive benefits, including: 401(k) Savings Plan with Matching Provision Accident Insurance AD&D Insurance Cancer Insurance Company Newsletter Health Insurance Dental Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Flexible Spending Accounts Holidays Job Related Education or Training Life Insurance Long Term Disability Paid Time Off (PTO) Short Term Disability and much more... Other company-sponsored benefits may include uniforms and uniform maintenance, safety boot and cold weather gear allowance, prescription safety glasses allowance, tuition reimbursement, education assistance program, sponsorships of personal interest activities, employee referral bonus program, Company Party/Events, travel opportunities and more. This is a summary only. Please refer to the General Equipment & Supplies, Inc. Employee Handbook for complete eligibility requirements and other detailed information.
The Yard Coordinator will support the Sales, Service, Parts, and Transportation departments in the coordination and handling of machines and equipment as they are received and shipped in and out of the yard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accurate and timely completion of Shipping and Receiving Records for New, Used, or Rental Equipment
* Complete damage inspections of all equipment entering and leaving yard
* Load and unload equipment and attachments in a safe manner
* Identify and mark equipment with company ID's and verify manufacturer serial numbers
* Assists Service Manager in moving equipment in and out of shop as needed
* Maintain equipment yard and display areas in clean and organized manner.
* Assist floor plan/inventory checkers with periodic audits
* Pick-up and deliver parts as needed
* Perform basic building maintenance as needed
* Removal of snow on yard and parking lots as needed
* Experience with the operation of forklifts from 3000 lbs. to 20000 lbs. rated capacities
* Ability to operate heavy machinery in a safe manner; loaders, dozers, cranes and semi-tractor
* Basic mechanical skills helpful
* Computer skills and ability to use digital camera, tablet and email programs
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Works in an efficient and effective manner and be highly self-motivated
* Must have excellent organizational skills
* Maintain excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Must have excellent customer service skills, both internal and external customers
* Must have a positive mental attitude
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
* Occasionally lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 100+ pounds and/or frequently lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 50+ pounds and/or continuous lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 20+ pounds.
* Frequent walking or standing
* Frequent and continual movement as follows, often several of movements simultaneously (i.e. handle while crouching, carry while kneeling):
o Kneel (bend legs at knee, come to rest on knees)
o Crouch/Squat (bend body down and forward, bending legs and spine)
o Climb (ascend/descend ladders, stairs, ramp, or step up on or down from equipment/trailer)
o Stoop (Bend downward and forward at waist)
o Carry (transport an object)
o Turn/twist (move a body part in circular motion)
o Bend (bend downward and forward by bending the spine at waist)
o Reach (extend hands and arms in any direction)
o Handle (seize, hold turn with hands)
o Repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and fingers
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment.
* Consistently exposed to weather conditions, fumes, and loud noise.
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mail or fax your resume
General Equipment & Supplies, Inc.
4300 Main Ave
PO Box 2145
Fargo, North Dakota 58103 USA
Phone: (701) 282-2662
Fax: (701) 364-2143