Experience is required.
Training is provided.
CompensationSalary: DOE USD
General Equipment & Supplies offers its team members numerous competitive benefits, including: 401(k) Savings Plan with Matching Provision Accident Insurance AD&D Insurance Cancer Insurance Company Newsletter Health Insurance Dental Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Flexible Spending Accounts Holidays Job Related Education or Training Life Insurance Long Term Disability Paid Time Off (PTO) Short Term Disability and much more... Other company-sponsored benefits may include uniforms and uniform maintenance, safety boot and cold weather gear allowance, prescription safety glasses allowance, tuition reimbursement, education assistance program, sponsorships of personal interest activities, employee referral bonus program, Company Party/Events, travel opportunities and more. This is a summary only. Please refer to the General Equipment & Supplies, Inc. Employee Handbook for complete eligibility requirements and other detailed information.
This individual, working closely with the Aggregate Service Manager, is responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality on a wide variety of aggregate equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Builds knowledge of dealer supported product lines, service standards, and procedures and keeps abreast of all changes in various models of equipment sold and serviced by the distributor
* Perform basic field repair and maintenance jobs with minimal supervision
* Basic testing knowledge of all machine systems
* Repair and recondition all aggregate equipment components and systems
* Develops and employs diagnostic related reasoning skills
* Attends local, regional, national service schools and training sessions as requested
* Maintains a clean, orderly, and safe working environment both in shop and at customer job sites
* Maintains and cares for shop tools, equipment, and vehicles
* Completes all paperwork required for jobs
* Maintains close, positive working relationships with service, parts and administrative personnel
* Conducts themselves in the presence of customers in a manner which will retain a good opinion of the company and the service department
* Responsible for operating heavy construction equipment in a safe manner
* Has heavy duty mechanic/ industrial millwright and or welding experience
* Must have and maintain a valid Class 5 Driver's License
* Preferred, has or is willing to obtain a Class 3 Driver's License
* Minimum welding/fabrication experience helpful
* Must have own hand tools, up to and including a drive set
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Works in an efficient and effective manner
* Must be willing to travel as there may be some overnight field service work involved from time to time
* Must be personable, highly motivated, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, and able to adapt to all forces around them, customers, suppliers, coworkers, and manufacturers
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
* Occasionally lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 100+ pounds and/or frequently lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 50+ pounds and/or continuous lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 20+ pounds.
* Occasional to frequent walking or standing
* Frequent and continual movement as follows, often several of movements simultaneously (i.e. handle while crouching, carry while kneeling):
o Kneel (bend legs at knee, come to rest on knees)/Crawl (move on hands, knees, and feet)
o Crouch/Squat (bend body down and forward, bending legs and spine)
o Climb (ascend/descend ladders, stairs, ramp, or step up on or down from equipment/trailer)
o Stoop (Bend downward and forward at waist)
o Lift (raise or lower object > 25 pounds from one level to another)
o Carry (transport an object)/Handle (seize, hold turn with hands)
o Push (press with steady force, moving forward, downward, outward)/Pull (drag or tug objects)
o Turn/twist (move a body part in circular motion)/Bend (downward/forward at the spine & waist)
o Reach (extend hands and arms in any direction), Repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and fingers
* Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment.
* Consistently exposed to weather conditions, fumes, loud noise as well as working in non-air-conditioned facilities.
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mail or fax your resume
General Aggregate Equipment Sales
4300 Main Ave
PO Box 2145
Fargo, North Dakota 58103 USA
Phone: (701) 282-2662
Fax: (701) 364-2143