Experience is required.
Training is provided.
Benefits will include health and dental insurance, 401K, profit sharing, holiday and vacation.
Industry: Agriculture, Construction/Industrial, Grounds Care
Status: Full Time
Kunau Implement is a 'Best in Class' organization in the Midwest that offers parts, sales, and service of agricultural, commercial, and residential equipment. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Service Manager to join our team in Preston, IA.
At the complex level, the Service Manager maximizes return on investment by optimizing Service Department processes and resources to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. The position grows profitable service labor sales and exercises disciplined expense control. It attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel.
- Develops, communicates, enforces, and monitors effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Assists in creating annual Service Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization's financial and operational objectives.
- Assists in developing and executing Service Department marketing plans and monitors monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Solicits Service work from customer base by phone, email, and on-farm visits.
- Assists with customer clinics, field days, and related promotional events.
- Manages submission of all service warranty and Product Improvement Program claims within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit.
- Schedules the trucking for internal and external pickup and deliveries.
- Reviews work orders for completeness and accuracy before customer billing
- Ensures all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order.
- Participates in departmental and location meetings.
- Review Customer Service Satisfaction Surveys and take appropriate action when needed.
- Manages recruiting, staffing, and employee development activities for employees in the Service Department.
- Ensures safety policy and practices are followed
- Conducts business in alignment with the company's Values and ECHO statement.
- Employee review management, hiring, and firing.
- 2-year associate degree with sufficient management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Service Department operations.
- Personnel management skill set.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to speak effectively one-on-one and within a group.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
The individual should be able to set work priorities and work independently in the absence of supervision and be able to understand and carry out oral and written directions. Individuals must have the ability to maintain a high degree of motivation in team members to retain the focus of providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
The individual should have a steady work record, the ability to operate a variety of equipment safely to diagnose, adjust, and repair malfunctions; read and understand operator's and repair manuals, and must be able to perform each of the essential position functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to get around the dealership and grounds for various tasks.
- The employee would normally lift or move 10 lbs., frequently lift or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lifts or move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate up and down movement with bending or stooping including reaching above and below shoulder height with arms and hands.
- Ability to be on one's feet for extended periods.
- Ability to climb a ladder with the ability to carry an object while climbing.
- Ability to operate equipment or other power equipment as necessary.
- Ability to push/pull up to 100 lbs. of force.
Kunau Implement is a long-standing, family-owned company. Kunau Implement offers competitive compensation packages, low employee turnover and a close-knit working environment.
Interested individuals are encouraged to stop in at our Preston location and talk with Kathy Kilburg, HR Manager or apply online.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. This document is not a contract and the company may change job duties at any time.
Mail your resume
Kunau Implement Co.
420 West White Street
Preston, Iowa 52069 USA