Ag Service Technician
Ag Service Technician
Experience is required.
Training is provided.
CJE employees receive competitive wages, the opportunity to participate in performance incentive programs, and a benefits program which includes excellent healthcare benefits, a 401(k) program, generous paid time off, and uniform program. Training opportunities at Central Jersey Equipment are endless!
Status: Full Time
Central Jersey Equipment offers the latest Agriculture, Turf, and Commercial equipment. With five locations throughout New Jersey, we service residential, agricultural, and commercial customers in the Garden State. We cover an expansive geographical area from the Jersey Shore to the Delaware River and from Philadelphia up to New York City, and beyond.
Central Jersey Equipment is always looking to hire the best possible people to work at our state-of-the-art facilities.
Are you good with your hands? Do you have experience with gasoline and diesel engines? Enjoy more than grease and gears? We have the perfect career for you! Check out our service technician positions!
The Ag Service Technician will independently perform basic/complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment/outdoor power equipment (diesel and gasoline engines). Employees will receive on-the-job training as well as other trainings through John Deere University (JDU), Honda and STIHL.
- FULL TIME- 8-5 M-F to be successful.
- Saturdays are required in peak season (April-June, or as needed)
- During seasonal/peak-time longer hours may be required
- After-hours service is a requirement for on-the-road techs
- Hourly, depends on experience
- Incentives available
- 5+ years of experience as a mechanic performing service repairs, specifically diesel engines
- Ability to perform advanced repairs and required maintenance on engines using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Fork lift license preferred
- Advanced Service Technician or Mechanic certification preferred
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Physical requirements are bending, kneeling, reaching, and standing for long periods of time, ability to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Ability to use basic computer functions
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver's license is required
- Performs advanced diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products as requested by the Service Manager.
- Participates in all job-related training and development.
- Prepares all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Check and report any shortages and malfunctions to the Service Manager.
- Complete dis-assembly and inspection, as efficiently as possible, so parts may be ordered and machine work can be scheduled promptly.
- Maintain records and account for all time, parts, and supplies used in repairing and servicing both customer and dealership equipment.
- Document each job by recording unit serial number and hour meter reading.
- Develop skills in dis-assembly, assembly, and repair of components and machines.
- Report to Service Manager any additional work required to ensure proper operation and safety of equipment.
If you meet the above criteria to be at Central Jersey Equipment please apply for this position. We will do our best to keep you informed. If we do not call you for an interview, we will keep your resume on file for 1 year incase another position matching your qualifications becomes available.
Please do not call in regards to this position. If your qualifications and experience meets what we are looking for we will contact you.
Equal Employment Opportunity -- Central Jersey Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Central Jersey Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mail your resume
Central Jersey Equipment, LLC
2885 ROUTE 206 SOUTH, BLDG 4
Columbus, New Jersey 08022 USA