Experience is required.
Training is provided.
CompensationSalary: DOE USD
General Equipment & Supplies offers its team members numerous competitive benefits, including: 401(k) Savings Plan with Matching Provision Accident Insurance AD&D Insurance Cancer Insurance Company Newsletter Health Insurance Dental Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Flexible Spending Accounts Holidays Job Related Education or Training Life Insurance Long Term Disability Paid Time Off (PTO) Short Term Disability and much more... Other company-sponsored benefits may include uniforms and uniform maintenance, safety boot and cold weather gear allowance, prescription safety glasses allowance, tuition reimbursement, education assistance program, sponsorships of personal interest activities, employee referral bonus program, Company Party/Events, travel opportunities and more. This is a summary only. Please refer to the General Equipment & Supplies, Inc. Employee Handbook for complete eligibility requirements and other detailed information.
The Shop Foreman is responsible for the efficient use of shop space and equipment, and for coordinating the work load of the service department. In conformance with customer orders and requirements, advises and makes recommendations to the customer and makes decisions with respect to the best interest of the service department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Mentor shop technicians and provide the technical assistance necessary to maintain and develop diagnostic, safe, clean, efficient and effective high quality work
* Work with the Service Manager on scheduling the work load of the service department
* Approve direct report's time daily
* Maintain shop supply and shop tooling
* Complete a final inspection on all completed jobs
* Work with Service Manager on customer calls, scheduling and controlling labor required
* Perform or direct walk around inspections of components/equipment for repair/remanufacturing needs
* Help with field work orders when service assistant is not available
* Assist shop technicians in repair circumstances and provide technical assistance necessary to develop diagnostic, safe, clean, efficient and effective high-quality work
* Perform final inspections once repairs are complete
* Review each work order for accuracy before closing (labor posting, sublet repairs, internal & external parts, etc.)
* Work to minimize unapplied time, update the service scheduler and maintain technician work loads
* Ensure all shop tools and equipment required to perform repairs are kept in good and safe operating conditions; make recommendations to the Service Manager for new tooling purchases
* Maintain a clean and safe shop environment and replenish shop supplies as needed.
* Assist in all aspects of operating the service department and perform other duties as assigned by the Service Manager
* 2 year technical degree in diesel technology or management or equivalent experience
* Extensive heavy construction equipment background with dealership experience preferred
* Solid shop floor management knowledge with supervisory and management training necessary
* Must have strong diagnostic skills
* Strong computer skills required
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have a positive mental attitude
* Maintain excellent communications skills, both oral and written
* Maintain excellent customer relations and strong organizational skills
* Maintain high employee morale
* Attain short- and long-term objectives through good management and planning
* Should be personable, highly motivated, a problem solver, ethical, and able to adapt to all forces around them to include customers, suppliers, coworkers, and manufacturers
* Works in an efficient and effective manner
* Contribution to departmental and product line goals
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
* Occasionally lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 100+ pounds and/or frequently lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 50+ pounds and/or continuous lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 20+ pounds.
* Occasional to frequent walking or standing
* Frequent and continual movement as follows, often several of movements simultaneously (i.e. handle while crouching, carry while kneeling):
o Kneel (bend legs at knee, come to rest on knees)
o Crouch/Squat (bend body down and forward, bending legs and spine)
o Crawl (move on hands, knees, and feet)
o Climb (ascend/descend ladders, stairs, ramp, or step up on or down from equipment/trailer)
o Stoop (Bend downward and forward at waist)
o Lift (raise or lower object > 25 pounds from one level to another)
o Carry (transport an object)
o Push (press with steady force, thrust objects forward, downward, outward)
o Pull (drag or tug objects)
o Turn/twist (move a body part in circular motion)
o Bend (bend downward and forward by bending the spine at waist)
o Reach (extend hands and arms in any direction)
o Handle (seize, hold turn with hands)
* Repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and fingers.
* Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment.
* Consistently exposed to weather conditions, fumes, and loud noise.
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mail or fax your resume
General Equipment & Supplies, Inc.
4300 Main Ave
PO Box 2145
Fargo, North Dakota 58103 USA
Phone: (701) 282-2662
Fax: (701) 364-2143