Experience is required.
Training is provided.
CompensationSalary: DOE USD
General Equipment & Supplies offers its team members numerous competitive benefits, including: 401(k) Savings Plan with Matching Provision Accident Insurance AD&D Insurance Cancer Insurance Company Newsletter Health Insurance Dental Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Flexible Spending Accounts Holidays Job Related Education or Training Life Insurance Long Term Disability Paid Time Off (PTO) Short Term Disability and much more... Other company-sponsored benefits may include uniforms and uniform maintenance, safety boot and cold weather gear allowance, prescription safety glasses allowance, tuition reimbursement, education assistance program, sponsorships of personal interest activities, employee referral bonus program, Company Party/Events, travel opportunities and more. This is a summary only. Please refer to the General Equipment & Supplies, Inc. Employee Handbook for complete eligibility requirements and other detailed information.
This individual, working closely with the Shop Foreman is responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality. This individual will also be responsible for servicing units to fulfill OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) specifications. This individual must be able to perform quality work as efficiently and profitably as possible, work overtime. There is also a possibility of traveling with overnight stays and working weekends on occasion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Builds knowledge of dealer supported product lines, service standards, and procedures
* Can perform field repairs and maintenance jobs with minimal supervision
* Basic testing knowledge of all machine systems
* Can repair and recondition all equipment components and systems
* Develops and employs diagnostic related reasoning skills
* Responsible for operating heavy construction equipment in a safe manner
* Assists in the collection of data necessary for efficient inventory control
* Attends local, regional, national service schools as requested
* Maintains a clean and safe working environment
* Maintains and cares for shop tools, equipment, and vehicles
* Completes all paperwork required for jobs
* Maintains close, positive working relationships with service, parts and administrative personnel
* May perform other duties as directed by the Service Management
* Obtains or is willing to obtain a Class A CDL License
* Must have 5 years of heavy equipment experience, and be a proficient technician
* Has minimum 2-year Diesel Technology or Automotive Technology degree or equivalent experience
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Works in an efficient and effective manner
* Contribution to departmental and product line goals
* Must have excellent customer service skills, both internal and external customers
* Organizational skills with ability to effectively manage multiple projects
* Must be personable, highly motivated, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, and able to adapt to all forces around them, customers, suppliers, coworkers, and manufacturers
* Should have solid equipment and mechanical knowledge and strong diagnostic skills
* Able to work with minimal supervision
* Must have a positive mental attitude
* Requires a valid driver's license and the ability to maintain an insurable driving record
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
* Occasionally lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 100+ pounds and/or frequently lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 50+ pounds and/or continuous lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 20+ pounds.
* Occasional to frequent walking or standing
* Frequent and continual movement as follows, often several of movements simultaneously (i.e. handle while crouching, carry while kneeling):
o Kneel (bend legs at knee, come to rest on knees)
o Crouch/Squat (bend body down and forward, bending legs and spine)
o Crawl (move on hands, knees, and feet)
o Climb (ascend/descend ladders, stairs, ramp, or step up on or down from equipment/trailer)
o Stoop (Bend downward and forward at waist)
o Lift (raise or lower object > 25 pounds from one level to another)
o Carry (transport an object)
o Push (press with steady force, thrust objects forward, downward, outward)
o Pull (drag or tug objects)
o Turn/twist (move a body part in circular motion)
o Bend (bend downward and forward by bending the spine at waist)
o Reach (extend hands and arms in any direction)
o Handle (seize, hold turn with hands)
o Repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and fingers
* Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment.
* Consistently exposed to weather conditions, fumes, and loud noise.
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mail or fax your resume
General Equipment & Supplies, Inc.
4300 Main Ave
PO Box 2145
Fargo, North Dakota 58103 USA
Phone: (701) 282-2662
Fax: (701) 364-2143